Unfortunately, the vast majority of our Pima County bees are of the Africanized variety. |
Always be careful around bee swarms and hives. Humans, livestock and pets are stung to death each year!
Below are a few tips regarding cautions to take if a swarm or hive is encountered:
Also, please keep in mind that Africanized bees are more prone to attack dark colors.
- Assume the bees are Africanized (aggressive).
- Avoid rapid movement.
- Avoid making any sounds.
- Do not spray any aerosols or other liquids or powders in the area at all.
- Do not throw rocks or any objects at the swarm or hive.
- Refrain from swatting at bees buzzing around your body.
- Warn your neighbors that a swarm or hive is in the area.
- Do not assume that bees will be docile at night.
you need a bee swarm removed in Tucson, Pima County, Oro Valley, Catalina, Marana, Sahuarita, Vail, Green Valley, Avra Valley
or a surrounding area, please give us a call. We do not use pesticides and generally
have the situation under control in a prompt manner.
We are currently referring all of our bee removal work to native Tucsonan, Greg Denker, of American Bee Control.
Greg offers no-kill removal services.
For more information on Africanized bees, see what our local experts at the
Carl Hayden Bee Lab are saying.